Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Keep going....you're almost a FRESHMAN!

Hi 8th Graders,

Just wanted to post a little motivation to keep you going until the end.  We are still plugging away at our novel, To Kill A Mockingbird, and I hope that you're still enjoying the story.  Soon, we'll find out what happens with Tom Robinson and Boo Radley. 

We'll also be jumping back into writing.  According to the students I had last year, that's a very important part of 8th grade.  Here are some of their quotes:

LaJoi Jones wrote:
Dear Ms. Spearman,
               Hi I would like to start off by asking you how you've been?. I just wanted to thank you for all your support during Middle School and helping me make many brilliant choices that helped me become the talented Freshmen that I am today. During the beginning of the year, my grades were a little rocky due to all of the distractions but I just have to say they've gotten better. You were right about all of the writing we would have to do

Grisell Cruz-Garcia says:
Dear Ms. Spearman,

      I would like to start off by informing you that Patrick Henry High School was the best choice for me. At the beginning of the school year though, i started slacking off in every class. My grades and GPA began to drop. I realized i could do so much better, i remembered everything you said about high school and now i know it's true . It's very different from middle school and all the work is more difficult but i'm glad i payed attention to everything you taught me in 8th grade. Thanks to that, this semester my grades have improved so much.   I just wanted to thank you for everything and i hope NSJ is going great !

So, the next time you tune me out when I start talking about high school, just remember what actual high school students said.

Alright, we're int he final stretch, so let's make it to the finish line together!

Ms. Spearman